mercredi 13 avril 2011

Le Blog Derniér

Pour mon blog derniér je veut ecrire le blog en fraçais, mais il est trop meilleur pour ma tête dans cette semaine parce que les examens finals sont me faire fou! I will just have to suffice with English for my closing statements for this blog, although I doubt it will be my last blog ever, or in Europe. I really enjoyed having a blog during my time here. The French American connection? I don't really know what that would consist of. Our relationship at the time being is cordial and pleasant. When I tell someone here that I am an American, I do not receive any grief for the most part. French is definitely a country of tradition and they have their values embedded deeply within their culture. That is also represented in their colonies who carry some similar traditions. I think that when I go home I am going to always eat with a fork and knife now. Before coming here I would never use a knife for anything besides steak honestly. The impression that I have gotten from the French politically is that they are for Obama, we are currently involved in a conflict with Libya and we are on the side of the French.  I think a 100% alliance between the two countries is something to be desired, but may not be attainable. 100% anything is almost a fallacy in politics. There are always exceptions and people who will have their personal biases and things they hold against either the French or the Americans. I feel that we are on a similar page in terms of placing up most importance on liberté although our definitions of what liberty if more important may not be completely linear, freedom is what unites us, and hopefully working towards freedom for all will be what continues to propel us to work together.  This semester has just gone by entirely too fast. This past weekend in Normandy was a great close to an amazing and unforgettable semester: great country, great food, great history, and most importantly great people. I am also extremely glad, that we for the most part all live in San Diego, so I can go home and continue to share this experience with those around me. I truly have appreciated the global perspective that I have gained while being here, and I can't even list the things that I am going to miss the most about Paris: the people, the metro, nutella and banana crepes, the language, the atmosphere, the cafes, the view from my window, the history, ugh! Everything! I really don't want to leave, the antiquity of Paris just is attuned with something inside of me, and that will be what I really miss the most. Even the classes were fun. I think it was just nice to be carefree from my life of work and school 5 days a week, I was able to appreciate this experience even more.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire